Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Top Two Priorities

Well, we have almost completed the month of January, so I wanted to write a blog about my top two priorities for 2018.


My word for the year of 2018 is to be "deliberate." I want to be deliberate in my life this year. I want to be deliberate when reading my Bible, when working on my diet, while working on my REFIT® class, when witnessing to others, when teaching my Sunday school class.  In all areas of my class, I want to be deliberate.

The definition of Deliberate is "done consciously and intentionally." I want to do the things in my life consciously and intentionally.  It is one thing to go through the motions, it's another thing to think and act intentionally and consciously.  I'm thankful for this word for 2018. 

Through this first month of the year, I have began a one year bible reading plan. I have been trying to be deliberate to read the Bible in a read. My First priority is Reading the Bible in a year.  I am using the OWNit365 Whole Bible Plan this year. I am thankful to have a friend going through this with me.  I want to be able to complete this for 2018. I want to be intentional to reading this plan.  I want it to change me.

My second priority is track my food each day. I have recently been diagnosed with diabetes. I bought a Mayo Clinic Diabetes Diet book and journal to begin in February. I want to be intentional in writing down what I'm eating.  I want to be conscious in my food choices.

These a simple changes to make in being deliberate, but simple changes can lead to more changes.  Hope your 2018 will be amazing and that you will find "your word" to help you this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment